(banner from Bower Power)
A couple of blogs that I follow religiously are Young House Love and Bower Power. A couple times a year they challenge each other and their readers to a Pinterest Challenge. Basically, you stop pinning and start doing!
Here are some tips to get you started:
The only rule is to do your own personal take on something inspirational that you’ve pinned (and link back to the original creator of the project that inspired you, be it a company like Anthropologie or a personal blog that got your wheels a turning). The project can be anything: big or small, decor or sewing or cooking related – or beyond!
(From Bower Power):
- The project inspiration needs also to be linked up to…but not only to the pinterest item – but also to the original source (whether that be a store like Pottery Barn or a blog or a website) Let’s make sure to give credit where credit is due, y’all!
- Remember that no project is too small or too big.
- Projects have no limits….cooking, sewing, crafting, DIY, home stuff, those homemade nipple tassels you’ve been eyeing….anything goes
- If you want to post about your own Pinterest Challenge projects on your own blog - it would be super nice to have you include the Pinterest Challenge Banner and link back to our project posts too! This would give us a chance to meet new friends and become one big happy internet family
- Oh and Pinterest doesn’t know about this challenge (or endorse, sponsor, etc.) – if we died, there would be no Pinterest staff bringing potato salad to our funeral. Just sayin.
So, with those tips in mind…wanna play along?!
Projects are due Wednesday morning (03/14/2012). I’ll be posting my finished project photos then.
Check back and share your results with us!!